Sunday, September 6, 2009

Foot Fetish Realized

In the past I always thought feet were weird. Human feet, that is. Dogs, cats, whatever, didn't have strange feet, but people did. As a rule they're just these long things on the ends of our legs, with toes that can be utilitarian and cling to small things we've dropped, like the occasional pencil, but not really serving much more of a daily purpose. Well, okay, there is the walking and running part...
But they're funny looking! Toes are not proportional to the remainder of foot, pinky toe nails are so small as to look like something out of a Cubist painting, heel skin gets so rough and scaly it's almost iguana-like. (Okay, so maybe I need a pedicure.)
And I was always on the quest for "pretty feet." In my mind, these were the stereotypical model prototypes that existed on commercials and in print ads but never in real life. They must have been airbrushed to hide corns and ragged toenails, right? Seldom, seldom, did I ever see what I thought were aesthetically pleasing paws.
I've noticed that sometime within the last three years, I have developed a fetish, an absolute love for feet, provided that the feet are little. Baby-size, if you will. Never mind that my son was born three years ago, I'm certain there is no connection. I have only matured, realized that utility is a pleasing quality, and since feet are so unique in their purpose, they are thus even more attractive. In small sizes.
And when I was scrolling through my digital camera picture cache the other day, I saw that my little boy has developed the same intrigue as I with the flaps on our lower appendages. See below (and please pardon the pun):

No comments:

Post a Comment