Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's Raining, It's Pouring, Inside is so Boring!!

My three-year-old lives for the outdoors. Loves it. Throws things, whatever is laying around (including dog poo, I'm sorry to say), swings at stuff with his little bitty plastic golf club (dog poo applies here as well, I'm afraid), and longs to be grown as he watches the big kids on their skateboards. Nature is a veritable Utopia for boy children.
But alas, it has been raining, since April it seems. Here it is the middle of September and garden plants have not had enough sustained sunshine to fruit, but by golly, whatever hellacious brand of allergens in the world have found this weather apt and fitting for torturing everyone in their wafted path. I think even the spring bloomers have had a second go at me and my snoot. Kleenex is sending me free boxes for every twelve that I purchase. (Okay, maybe not, but they should!)
And it is scheduled to rain throughout the weekend and possibly into early Tuesday morning, leaving me in a precarious position: what to do with a small child for, oh dear Lord, three days!!
Naps can fill about an hour a day.
Eating requires around twelve minutes per day, start to finish, all three meals figured in. Apparently he is not my child, as he has no interest in eating while I think eating is divine.
He'll sleep through the night, generally around 8, maybe 9 on a good day, hours.
Bathtime, tooth brushing, nightwear, story time -- about an hour a night, I'll say.
Five, six trips to the bathroom each day for a total of what, five, six minutes each day?
Totalled: eleven hours, eighteen minutes on the optimistic side.
Leaving a remainder of twelve hours, forty-two minutes each day for the two of us to stare longingly out the window and pray that the weatherman is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment