Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 5: try new things

Try new things, new foods. Get new taste experiences. Look at the plating of your food. Are you accustomed to having meat be the center? It's a cultural difference from say the way Indian food is plated with it's mix of what we normally consider "side dishes".
It's all what you are accustomed to.
Today in Patrick-Groutreau's 30-day challenge, we take what we know, like a favorite soup, and use vegetable broth instead of chicken. Easy substitution.
Or use a teaspoon of liquid smoke in the bean soup to give it the smoky flavor associated with meat.
Making the same old dishes again and again would bore any palate, vegan or not.
But I do hate the veggie hot dogs I tried the other day.They're made by Veggie Patch and I have to say they were awful. Dirt taste, far too non-salt of the earth for my taste.
But never give up and I'm on to find other things to add to my list.
Oh, and if you have a Smashburger near you, try their black bean burger. It's wonderful. Filling and delicious and great.

No comments:

Post a Comment