Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 1, Vegan Challenge: It's on

According to the book "The 30-Day Vegan Challenge", Day 1 is purge the cabinets day, find out what foods I already have that are vegan and acceptable so I can eat something and not die.
I have: peanut butter, noodles, marinara sauce...that's pretty much it.
Obviously I'm off to the store for all things vegetable and non-animal-fied!
Whoo hoo! Watch the tracks of my Mighty Taurus as I round the corner of nutrition!
I still have three-fourths of a gallon of cow milk. Today I might be more vegetarian than vegan.
One things I rely heavily on is the author -- Patrick-Goudreau -- and her advice that being vegan isn't about being perfect -- Whew! -- but trying as hard as you can to make conscious choices.
With that in mind my challenge lessens a little, perhaps to a more attainable level for this city girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment