Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mindful equals Semi-Conscious

In an attempt to be mindful, I find I am...not.
My experiment at being more conscious of the individual movements I make have made me increasingly aware that I am on auto-pilot, and I must say that's disturbing.
My mind is going ninety-to-nothing all day long and sometimes I'm not even sure what I've done and what I've left to do.
I'm not alone in this, obviously, or this book "Mindfulness" would not have been written.
And just Google the word! Thousands upon thousands of references pop up, indicating that the whole planet needs to settle in for the ride, enjoy the view, make a memory.
This first week has shown me just how difficult it is to do that very thing.
I shall persist!
Maybe next week I'll be semi-conscious for half the time instead of a quarter. That's progress, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment