Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 4, Know your grocery store

Four days into the vegan challenge and I'm just grossed out by all the facts and info I've been given. Today's challenge is to learn the grocery store, that the whole foods are mostly around the perimeter of the store while preservative filled and filler-foods are on the aisles.
But she says that the non-animal products are generally housed right next to the animal products, we usually just don't see them.
Makes sense.
And check out the Asian food aisle, as most of their foods do not include animal by-products.
And still, to always remember we don't have to be perfect vegans, just conscious people trying to make a difference in what we eat and how we treat the world.
That's good, because so far this week I have been vegetarian, but not vegan. I still have half a gallon of milk, which is remarkably slow ingestion for me. Usually I'd be on the second gallon for the week and so maybe the information is working it's way into my brain pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment